Thursday, December 15, 2011

Should I make a auto insurance claim?

I just recently got into a car accident. I ran into one of my neighbors Tow truck. It was the kind of Tow truck that has the long bed. The front middle to passenger side of my civic is completely dented in and destroyed. There is no motor/mechanical damage. Only body damage.The damage is pretty bad. I do have some knowledge with cars and I definitely know that the cost of repairing the car will be more than the actual value of the car. Its a 98 Civic Ex with about 131,000 miles and in good condition. My question is whether I should file a claim through insurance or not? If I do file through the insurance, I would most likely get a big fat check in the amount of $2,000 to $5000 based on the fact that they will say its totaled, but that would most likely raise my insurance when I renew it. I could use this money to buy another car. Or I could just not report it and buy another car. But that would mean I would send my car to the junk yard for and get very little money for it. HELP!|||Don't forget about your deductible. What is it? $500? $1000?


That comes off first. So, if you think you will only get $2000 for the car minus the deductible, it may not be worth the increase in your premiums that you will pay over the next few years.





I agree that you want to get your money's worth out of your insurance policy, but if you end up paying more than you get in the long run you fall behind. Something to think about.|||report it. you'll get a better deal|||Report the claim. 1. since your car is a total loss and you have full coverage you can be paid for the damage to your vehicle. 2. if there was damage to the tow truck your liability coverage will handle that.|||heck i got a 99 corrolla with 160,000 on it. just file the came and take the money. i know how you feel, but do it. we pay into insurance thousands of dollars over our lives. go get your check.|||each time U use your insurance it cost u more to keep the insurance So it may be cheaper for you fix it your self.|||Hi:This Depends If You Want Your Insurance To Go Up.You Could File The Claim,Get The Check And Most Insurance Companies Give You The Option Of Giving Them The Car Or Keeping It.If You Decide To Keep It,They Usually Knock Some Off The Settlement..Check With Your Insurance Company.Hope This Helps.Later.|||REPORT IT.

No comments:

Post a Comment