Thursday, December 15, 2011

Can my eye doctor tell if i have been wearing my contacts too much?

I know I wear my contacts too long during the day usually about 16 or 17 hours. I don't sleep in them or wear one pair longer than I should. I have an appointment on wednesday to get my prescription renewed. I have been trying to reduce the amount of time I wear them. If I only wear them a few hours today and not at all tomorrow will he be able to tell?|||sometimes yes, sometimes no. depends on how long you've been doing it as well as your individual body's response to doing that.





i have patients who i can INSTANTLY tell, and i have others who i wouldnt know unless they told me|||I don't think you're doing anything wrong. You should be able to wear your contacts from the time you get up until you go to bed.





If you're not sleeping in them, or going too long between replacement intervals, and you're cleaning and disinfecting them properly, then you're in good shape.





Having said that, some people cannot wear contacts all day. If you've previously had problems, and been instructed by your doctor to cut down wearing time, then you should.





Otherwise, you should be good. I routinely wear my lenses 16 hours per day, and there is nothing wrong with that.|||i used to wear mine all day and all night for weeks at a time, and now every time i see a new dr they always ask if i sleep in my contacts bc of the number of veins in my eyes from lack of oxygen. so i guess it depends on to what extent you wear them too much and if your eye is getting enough oxygen. my contacts are toric so they dont allow as much oxygen to get through to the eye. I think a good idea are the throw away contacts the daily lenses, just toss them at night and put a new pair in in the morning.|||Trying to hide things from your doctor is a really bad idea. He can't give you the proper treatments if you lie to him.|||no he would be able to if the moisture was gone from the contacts otherwise no , or just say you went swimming and they came out and you lost them|||I know people who wear contacts for days :)

No comments:

Post a Comment