Thursday, December 8, 2011

Where do I complain about my Regional Apartment Manager changing terms?

I went into the rental office to renew my lease. The Regional Manager told me he was going to lower my rate for a year do to market conditions. I went back to the office and was told by his Property Manager that he had changed his mind and that he wouldn't honor the amount quoted but offered a different rate which is $133 higher than the first amount I was told. How do i get them to honor the first rate?|||You can't. Unless it's in writing...it never happened.|||You don't. There is nothing you can do and there is no one to complain to. There is nothing illegal about changing the terms before it is all agreed on. Nothing is final until the new lease is signed. You sign the new lease or you find another place.|||You had a verbal comment, not a contract. Unless you had his price in writing, you have no leg upon which to stand. You either renew at the price offered, or look to move elsewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment