Thursday, December 8, 2011

How long can I remain in China if I get a Visa?

Can I renew my Visa in china or do I have to leave after a certain amount of time and then re enter?|||go frequently to neighboring countries/regions to renew, hongkong, korea, japan, maybe even afghanistan.|||Tourist visas can normally be renewed once. After that you have to leave the mainland to renew. Hong Kong is the favourite place to renew.





Work visas are different. They are only entry visas which are replaced by a residence permit which can be renewed annually so long as you remain in authorised employment.|||You can have your visa extended without leaving China mainland.


If you stay close to the borders, e.g. Shenzhen (HK), Zhuhai (Macau), you can simply exit and re-enter to re-activate another duration of stay (if it is a multiple-entry or double-entry visa).|||Work and business visas can be renewed indefinitely.





Tourists visas can often be renewed, but the rules vary between cities. Oh and the rules change all the time.





Unless there is some big even on, you can go to Hong Kong and get your visa renewed there in one day and return to the Mainland.|||Here is my VISA info. I have been living in Guangzhou, China for over a year. I first arrived in China March 2008. I made the MISTAKE of getting my VISA in HK. At that time I could only get a 2 month single entry visa. I could only leave CHINA 1 time and If I did I had to get a new Visa. So... I had 2 months to stay in China. After the 2 months I HAD to go to HK and get a new Visa. I did this for 6 months. 3 Visa trips and train cost included totaled close to $800.00 US Dollars! At that time the 2008 Olympic games were in China. China/HK was making big bucks on tourist Visas. My Next time to come to China was August 2009. I got my Visa in the states. I got a 1 year Visa with multiple entries. But I still have to cross over to HK every 2 months. But with the Multiple entry I can go back on forth to HK or any place outside China and not forfeit my VISA. The Cost for that was $230 USA. I got my Visa from





http://www.visaexpress.net/





Now I will be in China when my Visa expires. I can go to HK and get a new one. But I know they still are only offering 2 month Visas. What you can do and I will be doing is sending my Passport to...





They will then mail it back to me. The cost is a bit more due to the shipping but over all I will save a ton of money since I will be getting a 1 year Visa again.





You do not say what city your in. I'm in Guangzhou. I'm not 100% sure about getting a new Visa here. I believe you can. I have had new pages added to my Passport when I needed it.





Below is the US Embassy's Web page for Guangzhou, China. They have info on Passport Visas. Maybe you can search your City.





Good Luck








http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/鈥?/a>|||I agree with the above answers. Also, you can go in on a student visa. This visa will be valid for as long as you are a student.|||Thank you Frank S your answer was very helpful to me...Dave|||4years? maybe

No comments:

Post a Comment