Monday, December 12, 2011

They say Stafford loan doesn't renew itself?

They say Stafford loan doesn't renew itself, but for my 2010-2011 school year I'm getting confirmation letters from my school and loan provider (you know the; if you don't reply to this we will take it as a "yes" and automatically charge you letters). I am not worried because I was going to set it up for that school year anyway, BUT I remember from reading the financial aid website that it would not do that.





- I am sure my parents did not renew it.


- All the information is correct its paying to me at my school not to anyone else. so don't suspect fault play here.


- loan amount is the same that I asked for last year except for the parent plus loan which is less.|||Even though you complete the FAFSA it does not mean you accepted a loan. You have to accept a loan if you want it every year..it does NOT automatically accept for you.





I would contact your school and lender immediately to find out what is going on.





However make sure that you are not just recieving the second disbursements of your loan. If you accepted a stafford loan for $5000 you would get $2500 in fall and $2500 in spring.|||The application for the Stafford loans is the fafsa application. I'm sure you did this, or your school wouldn't have record of you wanting finanical aid to attend their school in the 2010-2011 school year. You can even check to see if you did renew by going to http://fafsa.ed.gov and clicking under STEP 3 "Check on a Submitted FAFSA" or something to that effect.





You did it, you just forgot. lol|||7

No comments:

Post a Comment