Monday, December 12, 2011

How to renew my apartment lease?

Ok so im going to give you the full gist of my situation first, so i inherited a large some of money about $40,000 and so i moved out of my parents soon as i got out of high school with no job and no job experience. So i found very nice independent apartment complex that was at first reluctant to lease to me but because i had $40,000 in the bank they allowed me to lease and i did a 6 month and paid all upfront. So im in my 5 1/2 month stage now and im much lower on money than before ie. now at $7000. The difference is i have 2 other people who would like to move in with me so the amount i would have to pay is significantly less per month. I still have no income, but i have 6 months renting experience with this complex now. And i am looking for a job. The other people who want to move with me have jobs but make very little, but is enough to pay their share each month. So in a week i would like to go into the landlords office and ask for them to lease to me again month to month or 3,6,9,12 month intervals. So a couple questions, one when i renew the lease are they going to ask for bank statements again to see where i am at financially now or am i in good enough reputation with them that they wont ask for it? Will my roommates need to sign the lease or could they just go through me ie. they pay me and then i pay landlord? Will they need a cosign if they dont let my roommates go through me? I am very worried, please help if you can.





By the way the monthly cost of the apartment is $825 and i pay about $150-200 in utilities.|||This would be a perfect opportunity to move back home and go to school. You have wasted this large sum (not some) of money for nothing!|||This is why people should state their inheritances should be given to the given person at age 25 or even 30. 18 is clearly not an adult. You wasted 33k in 6 months. Wow. Get a job. Dont even think about leasing another month until you make THREE times your rent commitment. This is 1 of the most pathetic stories Ive read, bet they're turning in their grave.|||If you become the tenant, all the others will have to be listed on lease as occupants


You set yourself up for|||With no income and only $7000 in the bank you are not going to be able to renew your lease and your funds will run dry very soon. Your potential roommates will not help your situation. Your roommates would need to sit down with the leasing agent, fill out an application, and go through a credit check. You are still lacking the main requirement of a tenant to have a stable job and income. Your chances of renewing this lease or getting a new lease anywhere are slim to none. You will need to move back home with your parents or move in with a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment