Thursday, December 8, 2011

Would I be able to obtain my dog's vaccination and license records from the animal shelter?

I adopted my dog about a year ago from my county's animal shelter. However, I lost his folder where we keep all of his documents. Now I have to renew his license and probably rabies shot too and I don't have any of this paper to prove that he had been neutered, licensed and got rabies shot before. Would the animal shelter have a record of this? Would I be able to obtain this for a small amount of fee?|||Call them and ask, some shelters do keep records more than a year, some don't.



Doubt they would charge you, but call them.



Note: As to rescues keeping records, I keep ALL my foster dog's records, as in forever, but shelters don't always have that option, so call and ask.|||You submitted proof of neutering when you first licensed the dog. Since castration is forever, you don't need to document that again. The town is not interested in any vaccinations other than rabies.


If it is less than 3 years since the last rabies shot was given, you don't need to booster yet. The town license records will have the date of most recent vaccination so if you are not sure, they will be able to tell you.|||When I got my dog from the Humane Society, she came to me fully documented with all paperwork including vaccination and microchip, Neutering, etc records! The rabies records must be available as he was licensed! The rabies tag also has an ID number on it that is probably registered to where he was given his shots!





NO they should not charge you for those records IMHO!|||his license will be on file with the county because you have his old one, right? he's already registered? if you have to renew his rabies shot they don't really ask you for papers about the previous one, just get the new booster and bring that paperwork to the county. honestly it varies from county to county, state to state, i don't know why you are on yahoo answers instead of calling these people directly|||I hope so.





I know we as a rescue have done that before for someone, by going back to our vets for the details.

No comments:

Post a Comment