Monday, December 12, 2011

I went to renew my 1yr. lease at that time they informed me of a $10.00 water increase and $30.00 for gas.?

I went to renew my 1yr. lease and that is when they informed me of a $10.00 water increase and $30.00 for gas. I have never paid for gas. On the flyer they sent me it said they woud now start charging 25.00 for water. I have been paying for water for 2 years. They were want to now give me a 30 day notice for my gas and I must pay for it starting 1 mo. after I sign my lease. This stuff happens everytime I sign my lease. Last time they said I was 6 months behind on my water and I was force to pay it. They had misc amount for 6 mo, then suddenly the money disappeared. If I could move believe me I would. I am on a very limited income with 3 young children. I don't have enough to move. Am I stuck paying all these surprise increases? They tried to tell me that the flyer they sent me was for gas but they accidently wrote water. Then that changed. Suddenly they said the water amount was to stay at $25 for a limited time. But that was for the signing bonus. Please help me. I can't afford the extra increases or I would have moved. It is too late, I have not given a 30 day notice and I could never get enough money for deposit and rent of a new apt.|||Bottom line is all terms are negotiable if you don't have current lease. You probably don't have much pull in order to ask for concessions though. They obviously know they have to give you 30 days notice of any change in fees since they are giving you written information that far in advance. Hold them to what is in writing though. If they claim one price in writing then that is what they are allowed to charge. Get yourself a 6 to 12 month lease so that all fees and terms are set and then continue to refer to your lease if they try to put charge you anything outside of it. (Make sure you read the lease and that all fees are fixed so that they don't have any ability to sneak something in on you.)

No comments:

Post a Comment