Thursday, December 15, 2011

My tenants lease expired 2 years ago, what rights do i have as a landlord to evict in california?

my tenant signed a one year lease over 2 years ago. I never renewed the lease because the tenant never pays on time, nor the full amount. The house is up for sale and tenant makes it impossible for any prospective buyer inside to see it. Tenant has done damage to the house and insists it's my responsibility to fix his damages. I want him out! He has taken advantage of me and my widowhood for almnost 3 years,,,, help!|||I dont know why you didnt give him 30 days notice at the end of the lease. If he is always late with rent payments, you also can get a court order to evict him. What is holding that up? The tenant must let a prospective buyer in as long as you post a 24-hour notice on the door. All you need do is open the door yourself and show it to a buyer. The tenant need not be there if you have posted notice. I dont understand why you havent gotten rid of him before.|||Its a month to month lease if no new lease was ever made. Call police and start eviction procedures. It should also require at least one certified signature required letter of there month to month lease is over and to vacate the property. Have police make report during and eviction stating damage seen to property so you can sue for later.|||In most States, if a lease has expired then the tenant is on a 'monthly basis',


and you can evict on 30 Days notice.


The local sheriff can advise you on procedure.


it always starts with serving notice though.|||Hi Lorna, It's Florence. Call me. If the tenants have lvied there for over 12 months, you need to serve them a 60 day notice. You can go to expressevictions.com. They are a very helpful webiste.|||See Judge Judy...take photos


Change the locks, when the tenant is out.


Smash the toilet, they cant use it, they will move out.

No comments:

Post a Comment